Some people have a hard time without petrolatum, the latter allowing a lasting film on the skin to protect it and being richer than shea butter. And if you are not very knowledgeable on the issue, know that as we had explained to you a few months ago in one of our articles, this product can be used for everything and it is a real success in the Anglo-Saxon countries. If you're panicked thinking about the ingredients, you'll probably appreciate this more natural alternative!
What's needed :
- 2 tablespoons of beeswax or soy (about 20 grams) – it brings the slippery and protective side to the balm in addition to the ideal texture
- 90 gr of cold pressed virgin olive oil (and organic if possible) – it is very rich. You can use avocado oil too.
- 10 drops or two capsules of vitamin E – it helps with preservation and is excellent for the skin.
- Hermetic pot
1) Start by preparing a bain-marie to melt the wax.
2) When the wax has melted, you can add the olive oil and mix a few minutes. Make sure that it is well incorporated and that the mixture is homogeneous.
3) Add Vitamin E, mix well again and transfer the mixture to your pot.
4) Leave for 20 minutes and mix again in the pot. This makes it possible to obtain a very homogeneous preparation in the end.